- India bans instant divorce by Muslim men
India's government on Wednesday approved an ordinance to implement a top court ruling striking down the Muslim practice that allows men to instantly divorce.
Fox News. Wed, 19 Sep 2018 11:05:00 GMT.
- EU business group laments China's 'reform deficit'
Foreign companies can't compete on a level playing field in China because the world's second-largest economy is stuck in a "reform deficit", the EU ...
Daily Mail. Tue, 18 Sep 2018 04:18:37 +0100.
- U.S. To Limit The Number Of Refugees Allowed Entry To 30,000
As the Trump administration slashes the number of refugees it will accept, global humanitarian groups say the U.S. could do more to save lives.
Richard Gonzales. NPR. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 23:15:07 -0400.
- WWE Raw Results: News And Notes After The Undertaker Announces Kane For Super Show-Down
WWE Raw news, notes and business analysis from Dallas, Tx. on Monday, September 17, 2018.
By Alfred Konuwa, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 23:15:00 -0400.
- Sabotage: Australian needle crisis spreads to apples
A needle has reportedly been found in an apple in Sydney's north-west.NSW Police are investigating after the strawberry sabotage appears to have spread to other fruit, Seven reports. #BREAKING EXCLUSIVE @7NewsSydney ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 18 Sep 2018 14:48:58 +1200.
- Study games out oil palm development scenarios in Borneo
Although expansion of oil palm plantations appears to be inevitable, regulators have options when deciding what land may be converted into the world’s most widely planted vegetable oil crop. ...
Mongabay. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 22:33:55.
- North Smithfield Town Council votes to boycott Nike
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — A Rhode Island town council has voted to ask its departments to refrain from purchasing Nike products, one of a handful of local governments or agencies that have called for boycotts in recent weeks. ...
Jennifer Mcdermott. Washington Times. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 22:17:24 -0400.
- Bill O'Reilly to Newsmax TV: 'Evidence Doesn't Stack' in Kavanaugh Allegations
Telling Newsmax TV on Monday the evidence points to this being a political hit job, Bill O'Reilly tried to pick apart an allegation leveled at Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
Newsmax. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 22:10:57 EDT.
- World intelligent manufacturing comes to Nanjing
NANJING, China, Sept, 17, 2018 -- In this golden autumn, Nanjing, which is committed to building an innovative city, sends an invitation letter of 2018 World Intelligent Manufacturing Summit from Beijing to the world. ...
PR Newswire. Tue, 18 Sep 2018 01:57:00 +0000.
- China set to convene meeting on Tuesday to discuss response to U.S. tariffs - Bloomberg
Chinese Vice Premier Liu He is set to convene a meeting in Beijing on Tuesday morning to discuss the government's response to the U.S. ...
Reuters. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 21:44:48 -0400.
- Russian Military Plane Carrying 14 Disappears Near Syrian Coast
News reports say a Russian military surveillance plane carrying 14 has gone missing off the Syrian coast, and CNN says it may have been downed by Syrian anti-aircraft fire.
Radio Liberty. Tue, 18 Sep 2018 01:34:52 +0000.
- Cuban Agriculture Faces Another Hard Year as Produce Sales Drop
Cuba moved nearly 15 percent less produce through domestic markets during the first six months of the year, compared with the same period in 2017, signaling another bad year for its agricultural sector, according to a government report. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 21:30:56 -0400.
- The National
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 21:00:00 EDT.
- Trump admin proposes lowest cap ever for refugee admissions amid historic global need
A historically low number of refugees were admitted in fiscal year 2018.
ABC News. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 20:20:56 -0400.
- For Sheldon Silver, a Last Stay-Out-of-Prison Gambit Fails
The ruling means that Mr. Silver, once one of the most powerful men in New York State government, will go to prison on Oct. 5.
Benjamin Weiser. New York Times. Tue, 18 Sep 2018 00:15:24 GMT.
- Coca-Cola explores entering cannabis market with 'wellness beverage'
Global drinks giant 'watching closely' as it considers introducing non-psychoactive products
Tom Barnes. The Independent. Tue, 18 Sep 2018 00:04:09 +0000.
- The rise of the payment app: 'I hardly use cash any more'
Person-to-person payment apps are rising fast in popularity around the world, but are they safe?
BBC News. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 23:48:49 GMT.
- The 107-year-old who fought fires during the Blitz
The story of the 107-year-old who was among the first to tackle the fires in London World War Two.
BBC News. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 23:29:53 GMT.
- Huawei: Indian government 'open and welcoming' on 5G
Despite reports to the contrary, Huawei says it is continuing to work on 5G tests with Indian carriers while the Indian government remains open and welcoming towards its networking solutions.
ZDNet. Mon, 17 Sep 2018 22:43:37 +0000.
- While You Were Sleeping: 5 stories you might have missed, Sept 18
A selection of news stories that happened overnight, Sept 18, 2018.
Straits Times. Tue, 18 Sep 2018 06:00:00 +0800.