- Global energy demand from ACs expected to triple by 2050, says new report
The demand for global energy from air conditioners is expected to triple by 2050 with the global stock of AC units expected to grow from 1.6 billion today to 5.6 billion.
ABC News. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 16:24:07 UTC.
- Jaguar Vector Racing sets record for world's fastest electric speedboat
This is the moment a battery-powered boat set a world speed record on a British lake.
Adrian Hearn - Swns. Fox News. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:25:00 GMT.
- England seek World Cup exorcism as Belgium expects
England open their World Cup campaign on Monday with manager Gareth Southgate seeking to banish memories of dismal recent finals performances while ...
Daily Mail. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 04:23:39 +0100.
- Optus apologises for World Cup streaming as Australian PM asks for assurances
The Singtel-owned Australian telco says it 'knows' the majority of customers are having a good experience.
ZDNet. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 03:10:53 +0000.
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares fall as U.S.-China trade spat escalates
TOKYO/SYDNEY, June 18 (Reuters) - Asian shares fell on Monday after U.S. President Donald Trump cranked up trade tensions by going ahead with tariffs on Chinese imports, prompting Beijing to immediately respond in kind.
Reuters. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 22:59:44 -0400.
- WWE Money In The Bank 2018 Results: News And Notes After Alexa Bliss Successfully Cashes In
News, notes and business analysis at WWE Money in the Bank 2018 on June 17, 2018 from Chicago, Ill. after Alexa Bliss cashes in her Money in the Bank contract on Nia Jax.
By Alfred Konuwa, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 22:44:00 -0400.
- World Cup 2018: How the Mexicans reacted to shock win
Mexico shocked Germany as they beat the world champions in their opening game of the World Cup.
BBC News. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 02:43:31 GMT.
- Moscow crash driver claims he 'fell asleep at wheel after 20-hour shift'
The suspect in a taxi crash near Red Square that injured two Mexican World Cup fans and other pedestrians claims he fell asleep at the wheel after 20 hours on the job.
Irish Independent. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 02:30:00 +0100.
- Pelosi Criticizes Trump Pick to Head Consumer Agency
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is questioning President Donald Trump's pick to head the government's consumer watchdog agency.
Newsmax. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 21:09:22 EDT.
- Ex-Malaysian PM Najib and family spotted in Langkawi with 30 pieces of luggage
LANGKAWI (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Figuratively speaking, it was a landing that seemed more massive than the famous eagle perched on the island.
Straits Times. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 08:41:27 +0800.
- Use this Chrome extension to know if you're reading fake or biased news - CNET
Its has become increasingly difficult to tell, but this Chrome extension aims to fix that.
Taylor Martin. CNET. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 00:22:02 +0000.
- China responds to Donald Trump moves by scrapping surplus trade agreement
Mere hours after the Trump administration announced new tariffs on $50 billion worth of Chinese goods, Beijing hit back, escalating the trade dispute between the world's two largest economies even as the U.S. ...
S.a. Miller. Washington Times. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 20:18:13 -0400.
- A diabetes diagnosis later in life may signal early pancreatic cancer in African Americans and Latinos
LOS ANGELES, June 17, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Each year, more than one million Americans are diagnosed with adult-onset diabetes mellitus, also known as type 2 diabetes. ...
PR Newswire. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 20:00:00 EDT.
- Inside Tunisia's Shams Rad - the Arab world's 'only gay radio station'
Tunisians are enjoying greater freedom since the 2011 revolution, and now gay rights activists hope they will also benefit.
BBC News. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 23:38:24 GMT.
- Several staffers who left Post forming new online news site
DENVER (AP) - Several staffers who left The Denver Post amid budget and staff cuts made by the newspaper's New York-based hedge fund owners are forming a new online news site called The Colorado Sun. ...
Washington Times. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 17:57:51 -0400.
- As Afghan Cease-Fire Ends, Temporary Friends Hug, Then Return to War
The brief cease-fire injected hope into the Afghan peace process, as Taliban fighters mingled with government forces. It also raised fear that insurgents may have used the peace to infiltrate cities.
Najim Rahim and Mujib Mashal. New York Times. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 21:34:05 GMT.
- World Cup 2018 memes: Mexico stuns Germany; Brazil pops a balloon - CNET
Doggone it, there were a lot of Chihuahua vs. German Shepherd jokes. And then there was the red balloon.
Gael Fashingbauer Cooper. CNET. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 21:30:03 +0000.
- Brazil, Switzerland end their World Cup group stage match in draw
The scoring was opened by Brazilian midfielder Philippe Coutinho on the 20th minute
Tass. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 23:25:48 +0300.
- Brazil held to 1-1 draw by Switzerland in opening match
Brazil joined the list of big teams struggling to win their opening matches at the World Cup in Russia.
France 24. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 20:10:45 GMT.
- 'Incredibles 2' Destroys Opening Weekend Record For Animated Films
The first family of the cinematic superhero world has returned in epic
Yahoo. Sun, 17 Jun 2018 16:08:40 -0400.