Browse the headlines below to find up-to-date news from around the
world. Use the links in the vertical navigation bar to find
relevant news headlines about specific topics or world regions.
- 'The story of a weird world I was warned never to tell'
Pauline Dakin's childhood was full of secrets, disruption and unpleasant surprises - it wasn't until she was aged 23 that she found out why.
BBC News. Thu, 22 Feb 2018 01:34:33 GMT.
- Brit Awards 2018 in two minutes: Stormzy and Dua Lipa win big
The big winners are Dua Lipa and Stormzy, who used his performance to attack the government on Grenfell.
BBC News. Thu, 22 Feb 2018 01:29:55 GMT.
- Hyundai, South Korea's Biggest Auto Brand, Isn't Advertising Its Cars At The Winter Olympics. But Will It Matter?
Worldwide sponsor companies like Toyota have "category-exclusive marketing rights," meaning they can market themselves as the "official" provider of an Olympics service. ...
By Rachel Premack, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 21 Feb 2018 21:43:00 -0500.
- Social media network CEO: How Google censors my company
Bill Ottman, co-creator of Mind.com, talks to Tucker in latest example of how Big Tech has become a bigger threat to civil liberties than even the federal government. #Tucker
Yahoo. Wed, 21 Feb 2018 21:24:01 -0500.
- New Cyber Defense Solutions Protect SAIC Customers from Distributed Denial of Service Attacks
RESTON, Va. - Large-scale, persistent Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks directed at cyber infrastructure are becoming a major threat to our federal government and commercial customers. ... ...
Business Wire. Wed, 21 Feb 2018 21:15:00 UTC.
- Bank of the West Wealth Management Launches Voice of Wealth, a New App Focused on News and Market Insights
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 21, 2018 -- Today Bank of the West launched Voice of Wealth, a mobile app that brings unique global investment analysis and insights to user's fingertips. ...
PR Newswire. Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:30:00 EST.
- Watchdog Warns Corruption Usually Follows Media, NGO Crackdowns
Transparency International says government crackdowns on NGOs and media are associated with higher levels of corruption and most countries are "moving too slowly" to combat graft.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 21 Feb 2018 18:52:41 +0000.
- Billy Graham: 'A golf course is an island of peace in a world often full of confusion and turmoil'
Billy Graham: 'A golf course is an island of peace in a world often full of confusion and turmoil'
John Strege. Golf Digest. Wed, 21 Feb 2018 17:24:51 +0000.
- Sonja Bata, founder of Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto, dead at 91
Collector and philanthropist Sonja Bata, whose collection of global footwear treasures formed the basis of the Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto, has died.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wed, 21 Feb 2018 16:47:47 EST.
- Ubiquiti Labs AmpliFi Teleport Kit (AFi-RT) review - CNET
The AmpliFi Teleport Kit lets you connect to your home internet from anywhere in the world, but a mediocre router curbs its appeal.
Dan Dziedzic. CNET. Wed, 21 Feb 2018 13:00:09 +0000.
Breaking News and Commentary about Current Events