- FSB Tech Set to Launch Victor Chandler's East African Venture
LONDON, May 25, 2017 -- Victor Chandler is back. After a 3-year hiatus, his first foray is set to be as part of a new sports betting and gaming company to be called Bet Lion, focusing on East Africa and launching in August. ...
PR Newswire. Thu, 25 May 2017 04:45:00 EDT.
- Waiting for take-off in West Africa
Flying between the West African capitals of Freetown and Banjul should take about an hour. But as the BBC's Umaru Fofana found out, it can be quicker and easier to fly via Morocco or even Belgium.
BBC News. Wed, 24 May 2017 23:47:52 GMT.
- England v South Africa: Eoin Morgan gets century with a six
Eoin Morgan reaches his century with a six as England reach 339-6 at the end of the first innings during the first one-day international against South Africa at Headingley.
BBC News. Wed, 24 May 2017 17:16:39 GMT.
- Foreigners in S. Africa: Xenophobic Attacks a Daily Danger
South Africa grabbed international attention earlier this year with images of angry demonstrators attacking foreign residents and their businesses. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 24 May 2017 13:10:16 -0400.
- Foreigners in South Africa Say Xenophobic Attacks a Daily Danger
Violent attacks on foreign residents have grabbed headlines in South Africa in recent years, with graphic scenes of looting and angry, anti-immigrant protests dominating coverage. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 24 May 2017 12:56:00 -0400.
- African Commercial Vehicles Market 2017 - Forecast to 2025 - Research and Markets
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "African Commercial Vehicles Market, Forecast to 2025" report to their offering. ...
Business Wire. Wed, 24 May 2017 12:47:00 UTC.
- A New Generation Of 'Rebel' Wines From South Africa
South Africa has many young and talented winemakers, a new generation of "wine rebels". They contribute to saving and reviving forgotten vine varieties and make some of South Africa's most exciting wines today.
By Per and Britt Karlsson, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 23 May 2017 12:26:00 -0400.
- With funding ‘down to a trickle,’ UN agency renews warning over Burundi refugees
The United Nations refugee agency has increased its funding appeal by $36 million to support Burundians fleeing their homes in what could become the third-largest refugee crisis in Africa.
UN News Centre. Tue, 23 May 2017 12:22:49 EST.
- GM to cut 600 South Africa jobs as it pulls out of country
600 workers out of 1,500 at GM in South Africa will lose their jobs by July after the automaker decided to sell its local operations.
AutoNews.com. Tue, 23 May 2017 07:47:28 EST. Subscription required.
- Economy: African growth slows, but rebound expected
Africa’s economic growth slowed from 3.4% in 2015 to 2.2% in 2016 due to low commodity prices, a weak global recovery and adverse weather affecting agriculture, according to the African Economic Outlook 2017. ...
OECD. Acquired Mon, 22 May 2017.
Copyright © 2008-2017 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Africa