- Crossing Divides: Kenya jail's 'mindful' scheme aims to bring sides closer
Kenya's prisons are hotbeds of violence, but one uses mindfulness to bring inmates and warders together.
BBC News. Tue, 24 Apr 2018 01:23:16 GMT.
- C. African president urges disarming armed groups
The Central African Republic's President Faustin-Archange Touadera told the United Nations on Monday he wants to "accelerate" the disarmament, ...
Daily Mail. Tue, 24 Apr 2018 00:53:42 +0100.
- Israel asks Egypt to prevent body of Palestinian killed in Kuala Lumpur from being returned to Gaza
KUALA LUMPUR - Israel has asked Egypt not to allow the body of a Palestinian engineer and Hamas member who was murdered in Kuala Lumpur to be brought back to Gaza.
Straits Times. Mon, 23 Apr 2018 20:03:37 +0800.
- Rainmaker Expands Business Operations in the Middle East and Africa By Adding Hicham Diab to Dubai Office
The Rainmaker Group (Rainmaker), a leading provider of cloud-based hospitality revenue and profit optimization software, today announced the expansion of its Middle East and Africa (MEA) operations by naming Hicham Diab as regional director of ...
Hsyndicate. Mon, 23 Apr 2018 16:11:55 +0200.
- SA to tighten security after fan violence
South Africa's Premier Soccer League promises increased security at domestic matches, following crowd violence at a Cup semi-final on Saturday.
BBC News. Mon, 23 Apr 2018 14:55:48 GMT.
- US builds drone base in Niger, crossroads of extremism fight
On the scorching edge of the Sahara Desert, the U.S. Air Force is building a base for armed drones, the newest front in America's battle against the growing extremist threat in Africa's vast Sahel region.
Carley Petesch. Fox News. Mon, 23 Apr 2018 11:15:10 GMT.
- Obama to Speak in South Africa to Commemorate Mandela's Birthday
Former President Barack Obama will speak in South Africa this summer to mark what would have been the 100th birthday of Nelson Mandela, the South African president and civil rights leader.
Newsmax. Mon, 23 Apr 2018 09:36:02 EDT.
- Setting Tone for Post-Presidency, Obama Will Speak in South Africa on Tolerance
Barack Obama does not plan to take on President Trump directly, but an adviser said the former president would not shrink from confronting the divisive issues around his successor.
Mark Landler. New York Times. Mon, 23 Apr 2018 07:00:04 GMT.
- Unidentified gunmen kill two soldiers in Somalia's Mogadishu
TWO soldiers were killed in an attack by unidentified gunmen targeting a cafe in the Arbiska area in Somalia's capital Mogadishu on 17 April, All Dhacdo reported. No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
Janes 360. Mon, 23 Apr 2018 00:00:00 GMT.
- Ancient Egypt: Bust of Emperor Marcus Aurelius Discovered in Temple of Kom Ombo
Archaeologists in Egypt have unearthed the bust of Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius, who was best known for his philosophical interests. ...
Yahoo. Sun, 22 Apr 2018 18:01:48 -0400.
Copyright © 2008-2017 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about Africa