- São Paulo Journal: Fighting Resistance, a Mayor Strives to Ease Gridlock in a Brazilian Megacity
Fernando Haddad’s efforts have unleashed a fierce debate over mobility, the utilization of public spaces and the limits of political power in São Paulo.
Simon Romero. International Herald Tribune. Mon, 05 Oct 2015 01:26:57 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Chile Hosts Oceans Conference, Obama Presents Video Message
Chile is hosting a major conference on protecting the world's marine ecosystem. U.S. President Barack Obama will address the summit Monday in a video message to announce the creation of two new U.S. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 05 Oct 2015 01:22:46 -0400.
- Argentina 45-16 Tonga
Argentina stand firm against a powerful Tonga side to take a giant stride towards the World Cup quarter-finals.
BBC News. Sun, 04 Oct 2015 20:13:10 GMT.
- Where Canada's refugees come from: by the numbers
Colombia has been the leading source country for refugees coming to Canada, people from China have the most refugee claims accepted and Syrians have the highest acceptance rate.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sun, 4 Oct 2015 05:00:00 EDT.
- "Kun" Agüero Unfortunate Having To Go Up Against Ronaldo and Messi For FIFA Balon d'Or Each Year
Stylistically Agüero is similar to Romario although Agüero would certainly edge the great Brazil striker in terms of work rate. ...
By Bobby Mcmahon. Forbes. Sat, 3 Oct 2015 21:02:00 GMT.
- VIDEO: Rio video 'shows police planting gun'
Five Brazilian police officers are taken into custody for allegedly putting a gun in the hand of a teenager they allegedly killed in a shootout in a Rio slum.
BBC News. Sat, 03 Oct 2015 09:43:00 GMT.
- Open Source: Brazilian Protester Shot With Rubber Bullet for Knocking Officer’s Cap Off
A sudden outburst of violence from a Brazilian police officer, caught on video, generated sympathy for a protest movement.
Robert Mackey. International Herald Tribune. Sat, 03 Oct 2015 00:52:14 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Brazil lower house speaker under pressure over Swiss accounts
A group of lawmakers called for the resignation of the speaker of Brazil's lower house of Congress, Eduardo Cunha, on Oct.1 after Switzerland provided Brazilian prosecutors with details of Swiss bank accounts in his name.
Hurriyet. Fri, 02 Oct 2015 10:49:00 +0200.
- Brazil Slump Risks Leaving Taxpayers With Olympic Real Estate Bill
The highway has been torn down, tunnels dug, and the walkways and gardens laid in Rio de Janeiro's new business district. But the dozens of office towers needed to make the 8 billion real ($2 billion) renovation viable are missing. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 30 Sep 2015 19:46:51 -0400.
- DaVita maps bid to consolidate Brazil's dialysis market
DaVita HealthCare Partners announced Wednesday that it will expand its international operations to Brazil, taking advantage of recent legislation opening the country's healthcare services to foreign players.
Modern Healthcare. Wed, 30 Sep 2015 05:00:00 EST.
Copyright © 2008-2014 News-Articles.org. All rights reserved.
News Articles about South America