- Astrotourism skyrockets in Chile
Why tourists are flocking to Chile's observatories.
BBC News. Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:46:12 GMT.
- Mother says American arrested in Venezuela is not a terrorist or anti-government agent
The mother of a U.S. citizen who was accused of fueling anti-government protests says her son may have shot someone in self defense but he wasn’t on a political mission
Miami Herald. Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:07 EDT.
- Argentina approves Repsol payment
Argentina's congress approves $5bn (£3bn) of compensation for the Spanish oil firm Repsol over the expropriation of its share in the oil firm YPF.
BBC News. Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:11:48 GMT.
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
Brazil's Senate unanimously approved groundbreaking legislation that protects the privacy of Brazilian users in the wake of U.S. spying revelations
Hurriyet. Wed, 23 Apr 2014 09:25:00 +0200.
- Africa: Which Way Forward for the Brics in Africa, a Year After the Durban Summit?
[Fahamu]This week's special issue takes a gloomy look at the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) and their subimperialist extractive tentacles around the African continent. ...
All Africa. Wed, 23 Apr 2014 07:09:09 GMT.
- Fans Pay Tribute to Gabriel Garcia Marquez in Mexico City
Fans and family paid their respects to Colombian author Gabriel Garcia Marquez on Monday, leaving flowers and playing music in remembrance of the Nobel laureate and giant of Latin American literature. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 21 Apr 2014 21:42:04 -0400.
- Venezuelan Protesters Burn Leaders in Effigy
Hundreds of students and anti-government protesters took to the streets of Venezuela's capital, Caracas, to demand the "resurrection of democracy" on Easter Sunday. ...
Voice of America. Sun, 20 Apr 2014 19:59:01 -0400.
- Even Alex Rodriguez Reportedly Almost Fell Victim To Eike Batista's Financial Collapse
The plot thickens: the dramatic downfall of Brazil's former richest man now also reportedly involves a Major League Baseball player.
By Anderson Antunes. Forbes. Sun, 20 Apr 2014 17:50:00 GMT.
- GM's global sales rise 2% to 2.42 million in Q1
General Motors said global vehicle sales rose 2 percent during the first quarter. Increasing deliveries in China helped make up for declines in the United States and Brazil.
AutoNews.com. Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:19:08 EST. Subscription required.
- LatAm News: UNE-Tigo merger approved in Colombia; TIM to bid in 700 MHz auction
The merger between Colombian state telco UNE and Millicom’s Colombian unit Tigo has received approval from the country’s regulator for industry and commerce, the SIC. ...
Roberta Prescott. RCR Wireless. Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:06:43 +0000.