- Turkey-Syria offensive: Kurds reach deal with Syrian army
Syrian government forces will be deployed along Syria's northern border to halt Turkey's assault.
BBC News. Sun, 13 Oct 2019 21:16:42 GMT.
- Are YOU getting your 30-a-week?
Dr Megan Rossi who is a world-leading expert in gut health, revealed the importance of eating and drinking 30 different plant foods each week for optimum health.
Daily Mail. Sun, 13 Oct 2019 22:05:57 +0100.
- Rugby World Cup quarter-finals: All you need to know
A mouth-watering schedule should provide answers to one of the sport's enduring questions: do teams gain more benefit from a bye week or from regular games?
Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 14 Oct 2019 08:01:53 +1100.
- Wales hold World Cup finalists Croatia
Gareth Bale's equaliser against Croatia in Cardiff keeps Wales' European Championship qualifying hopes alive.
BBC News. Sun, 13 Oct 2019 20:47:34 GMT.
- California Governor Signs Marijuana Tax Fairness Bill But Vetoes Cannabis In Hospitals
Newsom also signed several other cannabis-related bills, including proposals on hemp, research and vape labeling.
By Tom Angell, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 13 Oct 2019 18:26:56 +0000.
- Newsviews: National Women's Small Business Month
The Women in Entrepreneurship Institute is using National Women's Small Business Month to recruit its second class of women entrepreneurs.
Wls. ABC News. Sun, 13 Oct 2019 16:50:39 +0000.
- Sudan's gum arabic farmers worry about climate change
World's main producer and exporter of gum arabic, used in many products from soft drinks to cosmetics, fears environmental changes.
Al Jazeera. Sun, 13 Oct 2019 13:17:58 GMT.
- Euro 2020 qualification sends Italy back among the elite
Italy punched their ticket to Euro 2020 with a 2-0 win over Greece in Rome on Saturday to turn the page on their failure to qualify for the last World Cup.
The Local. Sun, 13 Oct 2019 10:09:10 +0200.
- Kyodo News service reports 19 people are dead and 16 are missing after Typhoon Hagibis caused massiv
TOKYO (AP) - Kyodo News service reports 19 people are dead and 16 are missing after Typhoon Hagibis caused massive flooding in Japan.
Washington Times. Sun, 13 Oct 2019 02:10:28 -0400.
- Poland's right follows Trump's rust-belt formula
For single mother Katarzyna Staszewska, the change of government in Poland four years ago meant her family got to visit the seaside for the first time.
Irish Independent. Sun, 13 Oct 2019 07:00:00 +0100.
- Trudeau wears bulletproof vest after security threat delays campaign rally
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau wore a bulletproof vest on stage at a campaign rally after a security threat, senior Liberal sources tell CBC News.
CBC News. Sat, 12 Oct 2019 19:43:29 EDT.
- Simone Biles ties world gymnastics championship record with 23rd medal
Already considered by many as the greatest gymnast in history, Simone Biles continued her dominance as she tied the record for gymnastics world championships following her gold performance on the vault Saturday in Germany
David Aaro. Fox News. Sat, 12 Oct 2019 17:03:47 GMT.
- Donald Trump weighs in on Shepard Smith's sudden exit from Fox News
Longtime anchorman Shepard Smith left Fox News suddenly on Friday with little notice, ending a 23-year career at the No. 1-rated cable news network, and stunning many of his associates. Hours after Mr. ...
Jennifer Harper. Washington Times. Sat, 12 Oct 2019 11:27:05 -0400.
- The big Google Event is Oct. 15: Start time, how to watch, livestream, Pixel 4 news - CNET
Full coverage of Tuesday's Made by Google event, including the big Pixel 4 announcements, lives here.
Patrick Holland. CNET. Sat, 12 Oct 2019 10:30:04 +0000.
- Medical News Today: Slow walking speed in midlife linked with faster aging
A new study finds that a slow walking speed at the age of 45 correlates with premature cognitive and physical aging, and that slow gait may predict aging.
Medical News Today. Sat, 12 Oct 2019 03:00:00 PDT.
- India to Ease Mobile Phone Shutdown in Kashmir
Most connections will be restored by Monday, the Indian government said.
Voice of America. Sat, 12 Oct 2019 05:51:56 -0400.
- The latest IoT building controller from EasyIO pacts a punch
CHARLOTTE, N.C., Oct. 11, 2019 -- Global technology manufacturer, EasyIO, announces the release of its latest building automation controller, the FS-20. ...
PR Newswire. Sat, 12 Oct 2019 03:11:00 +0000.
- Blizzard Reduces Penalties Following Public Backlash Over Esports Player Ban
In the days after the company banned a Hong Kong player from competing, people across the world denounced Blizzard and showed their support for pro-democracy protests.
Paolo Zialcita. NPR. Fri, 11 Oct 2019 15:21:00 -0400.
- US Judge Blocks Trump Limits on Poor Immigrants
A federal judge on Friday temporarily blocked a Trump administration rule that would deny visas and permanent residency to certain aspiring immigrants deemed likely to require government assistance in the future.
Newsmax. Fri, 11 Oct 2019 14:35:26 EDT.
- The impact of human-caused noise pollution on birds
Anthropogenic noise pollution (ANP) is a globally invasive phenomenon impacting natural systems, but most research has occurred at local scales with few species. ...
Science Daily. Fri, 11 Oct 2019 13:19:05 EDT.