- LIVE: ABC News Live
24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events
ABC News. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:36:37 -0400.
- Work to begin on surfing lake at Craigpark Quarry
Wavegarden Scotland will transform a disused Edinburgh quarry into a "world-class" visitor attraction.
BBC News. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 00:45:00 GMT.
- Yesterday: Inside Danny Boyle's world without The Beatles
Danny Boyle's film cancels the Fab Four, but makes an actor of Ed Sheeran and a UK-Asian rock star.
BBC News. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 00:12:25 GMT.
- Fatal Attraction killer Carolyn Warmus is released from prison
Warmus, 55, was granted parole last month and was released on Monday. The New York Daily News reports that she will be living in the state of New York.
Daily Mail. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:08:18 GMT.
- How did Egyptian newspapers report Mohamed Morsi's death?
Coverage in Egyptian newspapers was relegated to inside pages with no mention of former leader's title.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 20:54:13 GMT.
- Is The World Too Dangerous For Pricey P/E Ratios?
The rise in Chinese power past five years is spectacular, particularly in the UN and now the present tariff chess game with us. Meanwhile, Trump keeps moving away from multilateralism towards a Fortress America stance.
By Martin Sosnoff, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 20:39:00 +0000.
- Fox News beats CNN, MSNBC combined in ratings, tops all of cable
Fox News Channel attracted more prime-time viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined last week, adding to its streak as the most-watched basic cable network.
Brian Flood. Fox News. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 20:27:23 GMT.
- The Government Won't Let Huawei Enforce U.S. Patents
The government is not in the mood for talks with the Chinese telecom giant.
Sejuti Banerjea. Zacks. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:56:00 GMT.
- All Linux, all the time: Supercomputers Top 500
The new list of the world's fastest computers is out and, once more, every last one runs Linux.
ZDNet. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:09:09 +0000.
- 'No one died': Behind the typo on the new $50 note
At news they may be responsible for the most printed typo in human history, some at the Reserve Bank were "relatively relaxed". Others were in "a bad way". :
Rachel Eddie. Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 05:00:00 +1000.
- Afraid of food? The answer may be in the basal forebrain
A brain circuit in the mouse basal forebrain that is involved in perceiving the outside world, connects with and overrides feeding behaviors regulated by the hypothalamus.
Science Daily. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 13:20:42 EDT.
- Russia may create Glonass ground stations in Africa and Asia-Pacific region
In June this year, Russia completed the procedure of approving an inter-governmental agreement on outer space with Argentina
Tass. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 18:57:17 +0300.
- Nintendo's mobile Dr. Mario World cures your iOS, Android ills on July 10 - CNET
You can register for the free-to-start game now.
Sean Keane. CNET. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 13:14:05 +0000.
- Everything you need to know about Facebook's Libra cryptocurrency - CNET
The social network is a founding member of a consortium that's designing a global digital coin.
Andrew Morse. CNET. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:35:14 +0000.
- You Can Mail a Coconut to Anywhere in the World From This Post Office in Hawaii
Why send a postcard during your travels when you can 'post-a-nut?'
Smithsonian. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:00:00 +0000.
- Embraer Foresees World Demand for 10,550 New Aircraft with up to 150 Seats Over the Next 20 Years
PARIS, June 18, 2019 -- Embraer announced today, at the 53rd International Paris Air Show, that over the next 20 years forecasts a steady market demand for 10,550 new aircraft with up to 150 seats worldwide, worth USD 600 billion. ...
PR Newswire. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 11:28:00 +0000.
- Hannity Ridicules Low Ratings for Trump's ABC Prime-Time Interview
Fox News host Sean Hannity ridiculed the ratings for the prime-time showing of President Donald Trump's interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos and said the network chief anchor needs to "pack it up."
Newsmax. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 07:19:53 EDT.
- Czech PM to face no-confidence vote over subsidy scandal
PRAGUE (AP) - The Czech coalition government led by populist Prime Minister Andrej Babis will face a parliamentary no-confidence vote over European Union subsidies paid to his former business empire. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 07:18:24 -0400.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today: 1. ...
The Associated Press. Washington Times. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 06:34:10 -0400.
- US: We Should Not Yield to Nuclear Extortion by Iranian Regime
The United States says the world should not yield to nuclear extortion by Iran. Tehran announced Monday that it expects to breach the limit of 300 kilograms of uranium production, set by a 2015 international deal, by June 27. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 06:02:27 -0400.