- England 57-15 Ireland: Eddie Jones' side dominate visitors in World Cup warm-up
England run in eight tries in a dominant performance as they beat Ireland 57-15 in a World Cup warm-up game at Twickenham.
BBC News. Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:17:26 GMT.
- EU chief Donald Tusk blasts the Brazilian government over Amazon rainforest fires
The Council President warned Jair Bolsonaro's rampant deforestation agenda will likely prevent the agreement with the South American Mercosur bloc being struck.
Daily Mail. Sat, 24 Aug 2019 15:17:52 +0100.
- Scotland 17-14 France: Gregor Townsend's side win World Cup warm-up at Murrayfield
Scotland avenge last week's rout in Nice with a battling World Cup warm-up victory over France at Murrayfield.
BBC News. Sat, 24 Aug 2019 14:05:35 GMT.
- Appeal to save Djab Wurrung trees due to overlooked evidence
Key evidence uncovering the true scope of destruction to Aboriginal culture wrought by the Western Highway duplication was overlooked in a federal government decision to approve the controversial project, traditional owners have argued.
Timna Jacks. Sydney Morning Herald. Sun, 25 Aug 2019 00:00:00 +1000.
- Why The Rest Of The World Could Push The U.S. Into A Recession
The U.S. has been immune from offshore economic maladies in the past. Maybe this time there will be too many of them.
By Larry Light, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 24 Aug 2019 13:27:00 +0000.
- Syria's War: Government forces seize rebel territory in Hama
With help from Russia, the Syrian government now controls all of the countryside in Hama province south of Idlib, after taking the last villages and towns from rebel control.
Al Jazeera. Sat, 24 Aug 2019 13:11:18 GMT.
- G-7 summit in France a test of unity among world leaders
Efforts to salvage consensus among the G-7 rich democracies frayed Saturday in the face of U.S. President Donald Trump's unpredictable America-first approach even before the official start of the summit in southern France.
Ap. ABC News. Sat, 24 Aug 2019 13:09:47 +0000.
- Hong Kong police use tear gas to counter protest petrol bombs, bricks
Hong Kong police used tear gas to break up anti-government protests on Saturday after some activists threw petrol bombs and bricks.
CBC News. Sat, 24 Aug 2019 06:58:51 EDT.
- Talks to form new Italy coalition 'positive'
Italy's centre-left Democratic Party (PD) said talks Friday with the anti-establishment Five Star Movement on forming a workable coalition government had been "positive".
The Local. Sat, 24 Aug 2019 08:24:31 +0200.
- Trump faces consequences of go-it-alone stance at G7 summit
US president Donald Trump is set to confront the consequences of his preference for going it alone in an interconnected world as he heads into a summit of global economic powers.
Irish Independent. Sat, 24 Aug 2019 06:44:29 +0100.
- Trump faces limits of go-it-alone stance at global summit
BIARRITZ, France (AP) - President Donald Trump heads into a summit with global economic powers confronting the consequences of his preference for going it alone in a polarized nation and an interconnected world. ...
Zeke Miller, Darlene Superville and Jill Colvin. Washington Times. Sat, 24 Aug 2019 01:05:55 -0400.
- Trump heads to France after ratcheting up China trade war
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump is heading to France for an annual summit of leaders of the world's richest democracies. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 23:39:20 -0400.
- Greg Gutfeld reacts to Patrick Byrne's claims: 'I see three options here'
Fox News' Greg Gutfeld reacted Friday to former Overstock CEO Patrick Byrnes' bombshell claims that he was involved with a former Russian operative and federal investigations involving the 2016 presidential election.
Victor Garcia. Fox News. Sat, 24 Aug 2019 00:16:03 GMT.
- Anthony Scaramucci to Newsmax TV: Trump's 'Haphazard' Trade Strategy Harming US
President Donald Trump's "unpredictable tariffs" are causing harm to the United Stated economy and, more importantly, American citizens, former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci told Newsmax ...
Newsmax. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 19:35:37 EDT.
- Put down the gamepad, these are the best tabletop board games for video gamers - CNET
These tabletop games combine real-world cards and dice with companion apps and video game themes.
Dan Ackerman. CNET. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 22:25:13 +0000.
- Medical News Today: What happens if you do pushups every day?
Pushups are a beneficial exercise that people can do every day. Pushups can increase muscle mass and cardiovascular health. Risks include back pain. Learn more here.
Medical News Today. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 15:00:00 PDT.
- 3 Stocks to Play in the Face of Continued Economic Unclarity
The global economic outlook continues to be a blurry picture with President Trump ordering US companies to search for alternatives to China, and Fed chairman Jerome Powell pledging to act appropriately to sustain the economic expansion.
Christopher Vargas. Zacks. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 21:29:00 GMT.
- Electric carmaker Nio to lay off 1,200 employees - Roadshow
The cuts follow news the company's co-founder is retiring.
Sean Szymkowski. CNET. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 20:09:52 +0000.
- California Says Its Cannabis Revenue Has Fallen Short Of Estimates, Despite Gains
The tepid results have prompted Gov. Gavin Newsom to revise his office's estimates of how much money the state will net from its cannabis industry.
Bill Chappell. NPR. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 15:44:58 -0400.
- US Government Issues Final Utah Monument Plan
The US government's final management plan for lands in and around a Utah national monument that President Donald Trump downsized is light on new protections for the cliffs, canyons, waterfalls and arches found there.
Voice of America. Fri, 23 Aug 2019 14:11:00 -0400.