- China may outlaw deepfake AI technology that alters faces of people
BEIJING (CHINA DAILY/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - China's top legislative body raised concerns on Saturday (April 20) about a new AI technology that can digitally swap people's faces.
Straits Times. Mon, 22 Apr 2019 11:05:50 +0800.
- The Shield's Final Chapter Results: News And Notes After Dean Ambrose Says Farewell To WWE
News, notes and business analysis on Sunday, April 21, 2019 from Moline, Ill.
By Alfred Konuwa, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 22 Apr 2019 02:41:00 +0000.
- Asia stocks firm, oil hits 5-month peak on Iran sanctions report
Asian shares were steady on Monday as investors took stock of recent data suggesting global growth may be stabilizing, while oil prices spiked on a report the U.S. ...
Reuters. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 22:14:18 -0400.
- London climate protesters seek talks with government
Climate change protesters who have brought parts of London to a standstill said Sunday they were prepared to call a halt if the British government will discuss their demands. ...
Yahoo. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 21:12:40 -0400.
- Teen who sparked school climate strikes is cheered by eco mob who crippled London
Greta Thunberg, 16, whipped up a crowd of animated Existence Rebellion demonstrators at Marble Arch as she vowed to fight back against inactive world leaders.
Daily Mail. Mon, 22 Apr 2019 02:09:27 +0100.
- The National
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News
CBC News. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 21:00:00 EDT.
- World Earth Day: The women working for change
Photographers at female-run non-profit Lensational have explored the untold stories of women in Africa making a living from environmental preservation.
BBC News. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 23:39:45 GMT.
- Number of casualties in Libya clashes rises to 254
1228 people have been injured, the World Health Organization in Libya informed
Tass. Mon, 22 Apr 2019 02:19:39 +0300.
- Broken Galaxy Fold screens and USB Killer attack remind us not to forget the physical world in the digital age
Cautionary tales of poor product design and lax physical security serve as warnings that software, AI, and digital transformation can't solve all our problems.
ZDNet. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 22:00:08 +0000.
- Sri Lanka bombings news: Eight explosions at hotels and churches leave more than 200 dead
Government shuts down access to social media and declares curfew, following apparent intelligence failure over attack warning
Qadijah Irshad, Chiara Giordano. The Independent. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 21:36:00 GMT.
- Sri Lanka's gov't 'alerted to possible attacks before bombings'
Prime minister says government failed to take 'adequate precaution' despite being warned of potential church attacks.
Al Jazeera. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 20:53:04 GMT.
- Cuba tells officials to reduce electricity consumption
An official newspaper in Cuba reports that officials are imposing reductions on electricity use at a time the economy is being squeezed by a series of setbacks, including reduced fuel shipments from Venezuela and tighter U.S. sanctions
ABC News. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 16:28:14 -0400.
- Robertson completes big Crucible win - highlights & report
Neil Robertson completes a 10-1 destruction of World Championship debutant Michael Georgiou, who avoids becoming only the second player to suffer a Crucible whitewash.
BBC News. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 20:02:42 GMT.
- Large brawl involving mostly teenagers at Worlds of Fun
Authorities say officers responded to a brawl involving up to 300 teenagers at the Worlds of Fun amusement park in Kansas City, Missouri.
Fox News. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 18:00:12 GMT.
- Next Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ may move to Toyota's TNGA platform, report says - Roadshow
A source told Motoring that Subaru's global AWD platform was a no-go.
Andrew Krok. CNET. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 17:27:25 +0000.
- Chris Wallace challenges Giuliani over Trump's 'no obstruction' claim: 'Mayor, that's not true'
Fox News anchor Chris Wallace on Sunday challenged President Trump's attorney, Rudy Giuliani, over Trump's claim that there is now proof he did not obstruct justice in special counsel Robert Mueller's ...
Justin Wise. The Hill. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 15:05:45 +0000.
- Islamic State Claims Responsibility For Deadly Assault On Afghan Ministry
The Islamic State (IS) extremist group has claimed responsibility for an attack on an Afghan government building that killed at least seven people on April 20.
Radio Liberty. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 14:26:20 +0000.
- Proposal for two birth certificates could help adoptees maintain a connection to their past
In a move that's being described as "a step forward in the right direction" by advocates, the NSW government may soon allow the birth certificates of adoptees to list both their birth parents and biological parents.
Laura Chung. Sydney Morning Herald. Mon, 22 Apr 2019 00:23:51 +1000.
- Medical News Today: Increased muscle power may prolong life
A first-of-its-kind study finds that increased muscle power, rather than muscle strength, can significantly prolong life for seniors.
Medical News Today. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 03:00:00 PDT.
- Explosions rock Tripoli as battle rages outside Libyan capital
Several air strikes and explosions shook the Libyan capital Tripoli overnight, residents said, as forces loyal to Libya's unity government announced a counter-attack against military strongman Khalifa Haftar's fighters.
France 24. Sun, 21 Apr 2019 09:46:32 GMT.