- Hilarious photographs capture peoples VERY unfortunate mishaps
Bored Panda has shared a selection of very unfortunate mishaps that have befallen people from around the world, including being attacked by insects and exploding paint tins and smoothies.
Daily Mail. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 14:11:55 GMT.
- How the rumour mill 'killed off' Turkmenistan's president
Fake news spread like wildfire this weekend in Turkmenistan - one of the most secretive states in the world.
BBC News. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 14:04:21 GMT.
- 'Sluggish and precarious': IMF cuts global growth forecast
The global economy is at a "delicate juncture" and likely to slow, the International Monetary Fund has warned.
Shane Wright. Sydney Morning Herald. Wed, 24 Jul 2019 00:01:00 +1000.
- Troublemakers and Trailblazers: Taking tech to the edge - CNET
For our Road Trip 2019 series, the CNET team traveled the world to hear firsthand from the people creating our future.
Connie Guglielmo. CNET. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 13:30:53 +0000.
- Craigslist's nerdy founder wants to change the world -- starting with your daily news - CNET
Craig Newmark is a self-proclaimed nerd and reformed jerk. Now he's putting money behind his politics.
Jessica Dolcourt. CNET. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 13:17:12 +0000.
- Global growth forecast cut by IMF amid trade tensions
The Fund says growth "remains subdued", and trade and technology tensions need to be reduced.
BBC News. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 13:01:00 GMT.
- Rise of Candida auris blamed on global warming
Global warming may have played a pivotal role in the emergence of Candida auris, according to a new study. C. ...
Science Daily. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 08:59:41 EDT.
- Japan Could Determine the Fate of the World Market for Virtual Power Plants
Japan is at a crossroads. ...
By Navigant Research, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 12:59:00 +0000.
- Things to Know Ahead of World Wrestling's (WWE) Q2 Earnings
For second-quarter 2019, World Wrestling (WWE) anticipates adjusted OIBDA in the band of $19-$24 million, down significantly from $43.5 million reported in the year-ago period.
Shivangi Deora. Zacks. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 12:49:00 GMT.
- Boris Johnson elected as Conservative leader: What does it mean for Ireland, Brexit and the backstop issue?
The election of Boris Johnson as Conservative Party leader has at last confirmed what everyone, including the Irish government, had been expecting would happen at the end of the marathon 46-day Tory leadership campaign.
Irish Independent. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 13:39:57 +0100.
- Boris Johnson wins UK PM race: World reacts
US President Donald Trump says Johnson 'will be great', as EU negotiator Barnier says ready to work for orderly Brexit.
Al Jazeera. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 12:24:32 GMT.
- Russian basketball star Mozgov unable to join national squad for 2019 FIBA World Cup
Mozgov said in an interview with TASS last week he was hoping to join the national team for the world championship in China, but was undergoing a medical treatment on a knee injury
Tass. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 14:38:17 +0300.
- Sandblasting Machines Market Will Grow at 5% CAGR to Hit US$550 Mn by 2025: GMI
SELBYVILLE, Del., July 23, 2019 -- The sandblasting machines market revenue is predicted to rise from US$ 400 million in 2018 to over US$ 550 million by 2025, according to a 2019 Global Market Insights, Inc. report. ...
PR Newswire. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 11:30:00 +0000.
- Take a siesta: The official dos and don'ts to survive a heatwave in Spain
As Spain sizzles in another heatwave here's the government's official advice for staying safe.
The Local. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 12:48:23 +0200.
- Reuters: Russia, Belarus close to agreeing oil transit tariff
Russia and Belarus are close to agreeing on a transit tariff for Russian oil, Interfax news agency cited Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak as saying on July 23. Read more here. ...
Anastasia Shepeleva. Kyiv Post. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 10:45:50 +0000.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today: 1. ...
The Associated Press. Washington Times. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 06:30:59 -0400.
- WATCH: Bystanders make incredible roadside rescue
A group of good Samaritans banded together to rescue a driver whose truck flipped over during rush hour outside of Chicago. ABC News' Will Ganss has the heart-stopping video.
ABC News. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 06:10:16 -0400.
- Organizations seek progress on recovery from mussel invasion
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - Three organizations say they're relying on an intergovernmental body to develop solutions to problems caused by invasive mussels in the Great Lakes. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 05:34:01 -0400.
- The media are picking scabs with coverage of latest Oka Crisis: Opinion
The news media aren't interested in trying to understand why things haven't really changed for the people of Kanesatake or Oka in the past 29 years, writes Mohawk journalist Taiorenhote Dan David.
CBC News. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 04:00:00 EDT.
- Americans Say Distrust in Government, Other People Frustrating Efforts to Solve Biggest Problems
Survey links mistrust to perceived gridlock on controversial issues.
Voice of America. Tue, 23 Jul 2019 02:41:34 -0400.